Bugeye Gas Mileage After Fan Removal

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Gas Mileage After Fan Removal
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:45:57 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
My gas mileage went up a little less the 1 MPG on average since I removed
the mechanical fan. Running with no top I was getting 26.3(low) - 26.7(high)
over the last 10 tanks. It's amazing how consistent it was, 5 tanks in a row
it was 26.4.  On three tanks since removing the fan the mileage was 27.0,
27.4, and 27.2.

I've been driving it 40 miles round trip to work everyday and it could not
run any better (knock wood). Had I replaced the 2nd gear syncro in the
5-speed when it was apart it would be near perfect.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com