Re: Occupations... NO LBC

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: Occupations... NO LBC
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 23:21:22 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel Thompson wrote:

> Peter C. wrote:
> >
> > My college studies in comparative philosophy prepared me, in no small
>measure,
> >   to sell auto parts to you lot.
> >
> > yippee
> >
> > Peter C
> >
> > This list, and the folks I've come to know through it,
> > remain a bright spot in the otherwise dim world of auto parts.
>
> What the hell is comparative philosophy?

Comparative philosophy.  A bunch of reading that will give you a headache
but the fifth reading, but you still have no clue what the writer was trying
to say.  Since the experts are just as baffled, they say this guy really knew
his stuff.  I seem to remember, "Decartes Argument from God" or some such
title.  Lots of reading with us saying what the author really was saying,
since we, the reader knew better.  Got a B+ in the course without much work.
Bet the hell out of probability.

Bill Gilroy