Re: tree sap removal

To: rickfisk@concentric.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tree sap removal
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:53:53 EDT
rickfisk@concentric.net writes:

<< My father-in-law parked my wife's new car (well new to us) under a pine
 tree and I have sap all over  >>
      Try spraying WD40 into a small container and heating it to 120f (I put
it in a saran covered glass in the microwave for about 15 sec at a time).
Gently rub the sap with latex gloved finger and an icecream stick or  a
rubber kitchen spatula to remove all but a the spot.  Use PAM as a release
agent on the spatula and the gloves. I used tar remover to get the last few
layers, and Meguiars 3 step cleaner/polish/wax to blend it in.
        I just did a 96 Pontiac that sat under a pine tree since last summer,
and it was coated with sap and bird droppings. The paint must be really good
quality - no blemishes remained.
       Mark Childers   Union Jack Spares & Repairs Virginia Beach Virginia