Re: A couple of questions (non-auto related help)

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: A couple of questions (non-auto related help)
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 21:58:39 -0700
Cc: Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
    I was installing a cd re-writer drive and somehow the FAT got toasted.
Called Maxtor (ran their diagnostic tool) and they said it was toast - they
will replace it as it was only 10 months old.  I was installing the re-writer
so that I could make backups to rewritable cd's...Nothing really so valuable
that I would pay to have a data recovery place retrieve it for me - That
probably cost more than the new 20 gb hard drive I bought to replace this 6.8
gb one.  I had so much junk on the old one that it is probably best starting
from scratch again.(win 3.1 upgraded to win 95 upgraded to win 98...)

Steve