Frame dimension sheet?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frame dimension sheet?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:03:20 -0400
Hi,

I am new to the list, been lurking for a couple of weeks. I am a proud
owner (or ownee) of a 1974 Midget that my wife and I bought for a parts
car for her 1971. (My ability to work on the car is one of the reasons
she married me) We drove the '71 for a while (or actually we towed it
more than we drove it, and this should have told her something) until
numerous maladies dictated that we park it. Meanwhile the '74 sat in the
in-laws garage for 14 years until I decided that I would restore the '71
and needed it for some more parts. It ended up that the '74 had much
less rust on it so we decided to restore it instead of the '71. But it
had been wrecked. BTW I built a two car garage just so I could work on
the MGs.

I just got the '74 off the jack stands where its been the last two years
and on the ground (sans valance and wings) ready for the motor and found
the extent of the misalignment of the frame is a little bit worse than I
hoped. At my nearby body shop, the owner said that before he would take
on the task of twisting it back in line that I would need a frame
dimension sheet. Does anyone have a source for this information? Is the
information even available? Does it really matter or "that look's pretty
good" make it?

Thanks

Andy Weaks

1960 MGA