Reinforcing Bugeye Hood?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Reinforcing Bugeye Hood?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:36:13 -0400
Hey Folks,
       My Bugeye hood has developed a crack just in front of the right
wheel well. I have a forward opening hood and it is a bit wobbly when
opened. Does any one have any suggestions on reinforcing/stiffening the
hood to prevent the crack from coming back? I have seen re-bar welded
along the fender lips on one car and another with cross bars bolted to
the beading seam, was just wondering if there were any other
suggestions, and the pros and cons of the above two methods.
Thanks
Peter S.
Charlotte NC.