Re: Painting

To: WLEECOLL@aol.com
Subject: Re: Painting
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:19:19 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Lee,

IMHO, doing your own prep and painting is the most rewarding part of restoring
or building any car.  Having people comment on your 'new' paint job 5-10 or 20
years down the road gives me a true sense of accomplishment and pride.

Remember...  The results (a.k.a. quality) of the paint job are directly related
to the preparation and time you spend getting it ready for paint.  A lighter
color can hide a lot of imperfections in your body work.  The darker the color,
the more those little dings, dents and waves will show.

There are a lot of tips & tricks to painting and I'm sure you are about to hear
most of them from the list members that have done paint work.  So take it all in
and good luck on your 'big' step.

WFO Herb