Re: Stainless bolts

To: LBCarNut <LBCarNut@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Stainless bolts
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:19:11 -0700
Cc: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Okay guys, let's have some definitive information on this.  Not just
hearsay.  What's the Rockwell C scale compared to grades 5 & 8; shear
strength, etc., etc., etc.???  Now's when I need my old, three inch thick
machinist handbook for my first stint in college.  But, it now resides in
storage.

I will admit.... perhaps out of ignorance on this subject.... I have used
(successfully to date) SS in 'stressed' areas.  Now I find out!?!
WFO