Re: Guns (NO LBC)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Guns (NO LBC)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:52:51 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
You have to be responsible for the safety of your family, whether it is in
your car or by some other action by yourself or someone else.  How are you
going to feel if you were driving tired and unable to avoid an oncoming car
or unable to react to a blown tire?  How are you going to feel, if through
some other inadequacy, your family suffers?  Knowledge pays off.  You cannot
always learn by experience.  Especially in the US where firearms are
prevalent, you and yours should know what to do when confronted by one.  I
had my son trained from an early age, not to touch things that he did not
understand the consequences of.

I also would prefer to be dead ( or in jail ) than have harm come to my
family.  If it were just me, I really don't care much.  ( but research shows
that with a family. it is never 'just you'. )

I agree that if there is any doubt by someone that they are not competant to
handle a firearm that they should decide not to have one.  The same with
driving, parenting and many other things.  Parenting is by far the most
serious responsibility ... driving and firearms responsibilities are a
subcategory.

I once arrived home to my apartment and found my door jimmied.  I walked in
loudly and found nothing missing, but the back door was open ????  I asked
the investigating officer why someone would do that and his ( shocking )
reply to me was 'because he was still inside when you entered the
apartment'. )  Cause for thought.

You have insurance to cover personal posessions.  You have a small
deductible to pay.  Walk away.  Call the cops.  They'll get there when they
figure the danger has passed.  ( They have families to go home to also. )
Be prepared to protect your family, don't legislate it to someone else.
They have their own family to consider first.

Robert D.