Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED

To: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>
Subject: Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:29:23 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Biff Jones wrote:

> I am both a hunter and collector and between the anti hunting/
> anti gun groups I feel threatened.  When the founding fathers
> wrote the 2nd Amendment they meant that the citizens be armed
> period.  Read the papers written after they signed and they all
> explain that the citizens needed to be armed for self protection
> not only from they criminal element but from the government being
> created (state and federal).

Like Biff said!

I am not a gun collector or hunter, I do own one single shot 12 gauge
shot gun and it is registered. However, when my son was born 21 years
ago, I removed all the shells from the house. I never bought any since.
No chance for an accident.
I used to hunt when there were woods around here, that was many years
ago.
Would I defend my home and family? Hell yes! (but the shot gun probably
doesn't work anymore)
I enjoy looking at other peoples gun collections, I do not know much
about them but I would rather look at old guns then old stamps. I am
glad there are collectors out there, some body has to save some of the
past for future generations to see. Sort of like us and our Spridgets.

I do agree that machine guns do NOT belong under the bed, they do not
belong anywhere but in a locked collection. But the right to bare arms
should remain as it was intended.

My .02
--
Frank Clarici