Re: Gun Control (All Caps? No need to shout!)

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Gun Control (All Caps? No need to shout!)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:31:43 -0400
Cc: macleans@earthlink.net, Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> And don't bring up the addage about "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will
> have guns."  If fewer handguns are mass produced, it will not be long before
> there are fewer working units in existence.

If you could make all the hand guns disappear today what would you have?
A great business opportunity for criminals.  They would either import guns
or set up factories to build guns.  Then only criminals would have guns.

I read somewhere (I will try to find the reference) that this is happening
in England right now.  Any Brits or Canadians who are still with us care to
comment.

Bill Gilroy