RE: No more 'Mr Dirty Windows'.

To: "'Peter C.'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>, Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: RE: No more 'Mr Dirty Windows'.
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:15:36 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetspriteclub@listbot.com
I've seen this from two extremes.   Warm water cracking a cold window and
Cold water from a hose shattering a HOT window.

 I was in Bakersfield on a 120 degree day. Went to hose off my mini blazer
work truck with dark tinted rear side windows. When the water hit the window
it shattered into a bunch of small pieces. I just stood there, hose spraying
into the back of the truck, Shocked look on my face.
 A few days later another employees vehicle was pulled into our shop that
had a big swamp cooler blowing down into it. The guy park the truck right
under the swamp cooler, got out, took about three steps, and "bang", the
window was now a bunch of little glass cubes. He had the same shocked look.

 On the other side, I was in Dallas during the "big freeze" (early 90's),
Wife came at the car with some hot water and before I could say stop, she
flung it on to the window. This was followed by a loud pop and a few big
cracks.