Re: Big Brake Conversion.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Big Brake Conversion.
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:02:50 -0700
I agree with Larry.  I took a weekend in the mountains outside Quincy, CA,
elevation about 4500 ft.  The final campsite was up a steep one lane road.
On the return trip home, I got stuck behind a motorhome going slowly down
the road with no where to pass.  After using the brakes repeatedly for what
seemed like miles, and little cooling due to the low speed, they just quit
working.  Very scary.  Straight cut first gear, so no way to shift down into
first, and no brakes.  I think I shut the engine off and compression braked,
combined with what little bit of braking was left by pulling the parking
brake.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon