Re: Water Sprite???

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Water Sprite???
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:07:49
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank and fellow Spridgeteers,

A number of years ago, I heard "on the grapevine", that there was an
"Austin-Healey" Speedboat located about 5 miles from where I live.

"Healey ???" Had to see...so wandered about the indicated area, and
made a few enquires...eventually, found the farm where the boat was
located...and funny, the people there had purchased a computer from
one of my sons about a year before, after ad in local freebee paper.
That gave me a little licence to ask many questions...

I was shown the boat...it was for sale...but I could not afford the
the asking price, nor anything near to it. I made my position clear,
but asked if I could examine the boat...Answer "Yes!"

It had in in-board "B" series engine, with twin SUs. The marinisation
equipment was all marked "Healey". Basically, it is a runabout, but
could be used for water skiers. I took a bunch of photos, and if you'd
like my to scan a couple, I'll gladly send them (off list) to whoever
asks. I'm not able to locate those photos right now, but will look later.

I'm not certain if this is the same hull as described recently on this
list by others...perhaps Healeys made a range of boats...I don't know.

Also, I'm unsure if this boat is still around....could NOT be seen from
roadway.

Cheers from Ireland,

Ron Corry
Longford.