Re: Disc Brakes

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Disc Brakes
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:05:24 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, racerbob@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> Question about changing brake fluid.  Do you open the bleeder screws and
> drain the system dry, then add new fluid to the master and systematically
> bleed each wheel as though you were routinely bleeding them, or do you open
> one at a time, keep adding fluid to the Master while pumping the old fluid
> out, till that wheel fluid runs clear?
>
> If the former, do you flush the brake lines with anything, like alcohol?

>From a complete restoration or brake rebuild, I flush with alcohol.
But for my routine every 2 year fluid change, I just start at the back
while some one pumps and some one adds fluid.
Once it comes out clean in the back, I bleed the other wheels until
clean.
I don't know if this is correct but it only takes about 15 minutes with
2 helpers.
I also don't know if it helps with the seals or not, but consider
replacing all the hydraulic seals every 5 or 6 years max.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ