PT-Cruiser update (no-LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: PT-Cruiser update (no-LBC)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks everyone for their feedback on this, even though it was non-LBC related.

I ordered a PT-cruiser this morning, here's the details for anyone who's
interested.

It was MSRP (no mark-up) with a $500 (refundable) deposit.
I am not sure when it will come in, but it will be at least 4-months. They are
'backordered' right now, and production is still not at full capacity. I do
have
an opportunity to change options, but as soon as the order is slated for
'assembly', the options will be 'frozen'

I ordered the 'Limited edition' package +ABS +roofrack in 'Inferno Red' ($200
option), since it really seemed like the best value for the money.
(BTW - ABS in NOT included with any package, and must be specified)

The price was exactly as shown on the Chrysler web site:

http://www.chryslercars.com/pt_cruiser/

Go to the Price & Equipment section, price, build your own.

I have no problem waiting for the car, especially since I know I'm getting
exactly what I want, and I'm paying at least 5K less that what they are going
for off the lot.

BTW - There is no way a v-6 will be offered, since there is no room in the
engine compartment, however it looks like they might offer a ~200hp turbo
version for 2002, but don't hold your breath. There is also supposed to be a
'Aztec Yellow' paint option available in a couple months, however there are no
samples available as of yet.

Regards  - Bryan