under bonnet heat

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: under bonnet heat
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
I think Herb has hit on it.  The heat problems I'm experiencing are probably
due to the uncovered turbo unit and pipe radiating like mad.  Its the one
thing that differentiates it from many other high output spridgets.  The 180
U turn the exhaust pipe makes just misses the radiator at the top tank.

I'm going to try wrapping the exhaust side of the turbo and first two feet
of pipe tonight with one of those overpriced header-wrap tapes and see how
it does tomorrow.  Forcast is for about the same temperatures tomorrow so it
should be a good test.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye