Re: Rear Springs

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rear Springs
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:47:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
RBHouston@aol.com wrote:

> As the new guy on the list was just asking, I thought I'd take another stab
> at my questions about the repro springs offered from the usual suspects.
>
> Don't they set the car's rear about an inch higher?  Or did I dream that.
> Does anyone have a set they hate and want to get rid of?  Or am I better off
> taking the old ones to be rear arched.?

1/2 leafs are not too bad new (from whom ever but made with chinese
steel)
1/4 leafs are crap, way over sprung, and still chinese steel even though
the are assembled by British Spring, UK.
Mini Mania has a set that I heard were real nice. No hands on
expierience though.
I have had decent luck having old 1/4s re-arched at a local spring shop.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ