Re: Crank pulley on 1275

To: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank pulley on 1275
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:52:47 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Yes Geoff, the pulley is keyed.  Also, the pulley is two pieces joined by a
rubber core.   The ability of the pulley and hub to move independently a bit
is what makes the front pulley a harmonic balancer instead of just a pulley.
The  keyway or key may be worn, and the rubber core connecting the two
pieces may be degraded.

Look closely at the pulley as you turn it back and forth.  Can you see any
independent movement between the two pieces or is all the slop between the
pulley and the crankshaft?  If the latter, its the key or slot or both that
are worn.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye