Re: Waffles anyone? (no-lbc)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waffles anyone? (no-lbc)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:13:23 -0700
A few people asked for Mother's waffle recipe, so here goes. One word of warning
- these are not low calorie, low cholesteral, or low anything else. What they
are, is waffles that are light, fluffy, and good.

    2 cups Bisquick
    1 1/3 cup milk
    2-3 eggs, separated
    2 tbs bacon fat (melted)
Mix all ingredients except egg whites until smooth. Beat egg whites until stiff
peaks form. Do not use the same beaters that were used to mix the other
ingredients, or whites will not stiffen. Fold egg whites GENTLY into batter.
Some
lumps of egg white will remain. Pour desired amount into waffle iron. If using a
proper cast iron machine, the first waffle will always stick and come out in
pieces. Second and subsequent waffles will come out properly. Top with real
butter and genuine maple syrup and enjoy.
Kate