Re: 77 Australian Midget - gun control arm removal

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 77 Australian Midget - gun control arm removal
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:19:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Search the archives for some good advice.  Also take a look where you are
heating as brake lines aren't far from where I think you are ( on the other
side of the fender).

I heated and cooled and soaked and basically burned out the rubber bushings
to get mine off.  Someone also gave me a hint that I could get a better hit
on the pin by having the nut semi-attached to the end and placing a punch
into the nut, thus allowing you to get some space to swing the hammer.  If
you burn the bushings back enough that you can heat the sleeve, then you are
getting somewhere.

Someone else also warned me not to bend the sheet metal that the pins go
through as it could affect alignment.

Robert D.
I just can't help myself ...