Re: 77 Midget - control arm removal

To: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Subject: Re: 77 Midget - control arm removal
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 20:43:38 -0400
Tyson Sherman wrote:

> I am trying to remove the lower control arms on my
> 77 Midget.  I have the spring removed already.  I
> have removed two nuts on the inner bolts.  However
> I cannot get the bolts on the big end to come out.
>
> Any hints?
Are you talking about the pins holding the A frame to the body?
If you removed the nuts, just tap out the pins.
They are not threaded in but they may be rusted to the bushings.
Thread a nut on flush with the threads, smack it real hard with a bfh
and once it is as far as possible, use a "suitable drift" or a punch to
drive it thru thru the hole.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ