RE: One Bummer of an MG Summer

To: "'Robert Duquette'" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: One Bummer of an MG Summer
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:04:33 -0700 charset="iso-8859-1"
This will be the 5th day of 100+ temps in the San Fernando Valley area of
Southern California.  Oh, but that's really okay-it's a dry heat!  Yeah,
right...  The only good news is that no LBC's are rusting here.  Radiators
are exploding, heads are cracking, bearings are melting, dash pads are
splitting.  Heck, I can hear vinyl cracking right now.  I don't mean to
gripe, but I hate to sweat unless it's from working on the Sprite, or maybe
the yard (in that order).  I guess I sound like a heat-wimp.  So be it.  I'm
moving to the beach next year- even if I can only afford a trailer.  If it's
good enough for Jim Rockford, it's good enough for me!  Hey, maybe if it
gets hot enough, it'll burn off the smog!  One good thing: It's too hot for
bugs.  Haven't seen skeeters, gnats or flies in a week.
Martin Johnson
Hotter-n-hell, and looking forward to a cold snap