Looked at a 76 Midget

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looked at a 76 Midget
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 01:04:08 -0400
I looked at a Midget today that was advertised as an original 34 K car from
Florida. It had a very nice rust free body, a sun faded interior and the
strangest 1976 engine I ever saw. It had an orange valve cover, NO pollution
equipment, a non-smog head AND a mechanical fuel pump!!!

The lady was asking $4350 for her "original" car. She admitted that she
didn't know very much about them.

I told her that I wasn't interested. Did I accidently pass on a factory
works model? Could the orange valve cover signify a highly tuned racing
engine? Was this the equivolent of a late model Sebring?

Kent
It is amazing what rare original cars are still around.