Re: Looked at a 76 Midget

To: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looked at a 76 Midget
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
Kent,

Your point would be?
The orange red is normal for the 1500, the "non-smog
head"(I'm assuming you mean air rail) is norm for a
later 76.5 to 79 (Air rail was only on 75-76)
Mecanical fuel pump is normal for the 1500 engine.
As far as the rest of the emissions equip. maybe it
has been removed. Other than that...all sounds normal.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

--- "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net> wrote:
> I looked at a Midget today that was advertised as an
> original 34 K car from
> Florida. It had a very nice rust free body, a sun
> faded interior and the
> strangest 1976 engine I ever saw. It had an orange
> valve cover, NO pollution
> equipment, a non-smog head AND a mechanical fuel
> pump!!!
>
> The lady was asking $4350 for her "original" car.
> She admitted that she
> didn't know very much about them.
>
> I told her that I wasn't interested. Did I
> accidently pass on a factory
> works model? Could the orange valve cover signify a
> highly tuned racing
> engine? Was this the equivolent of a late model
> Sebring?
>
> Kent
> It is amazing what rare original cars are still
> around.

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget