Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <JustBrits@aol.com>
Subject: Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 09:38:49 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I don't think the wobble "destroys" either the points or the Ignitor. More
it causes the point gap to be inaccurate causing a misfire. As to the
Ignitor, I was told that it can "handle" the wobble better because it does
not require an accurate gap. I was later told that the gap IS important and
that an optical ignition, like the Crane or Lumenition would compensate for
the wobble better. If the wobble gets too great, it will tear up the rotor
and cap, bad news - no matter what kind of ignition is in the dizzy.

Best advice, use a dizzy without a wobble and any kind of ignition setup you
like. I gotta agree that Jeff's experience would tend to get me away from an
Ignitor, but that is his experience, fortunately not mine. Like I said
earlier, I do carry a point set up, just in case.

Larry
78 Midget