Product reviews

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Product reviews
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 01:02:51 -0400
Last week in a frantic, failed, frenzy to get my car together for the
PA rally I tried a couple of new products.  I used a mighty Vac
to bleed the brakes.  It worked great and it beat the hell out of
pushing the brake pedal down with the proper length 2x4, wedging
the 2x4 against the seat then running over and closing the bleeder
screw.  The Mighty Vac worked great for me.

I also put new plug wires on the car.  They were the worse product
I have ever used.  They stayed on for about 20 mins. and then got
thrown in the trash.  The brand was "AAA Triple-A PowerTech Spark
Plug Wires."  They were a universal set of wires that you cut to
fit.  On the end that goes into the distributor, the connection
from the core of the wire to the distributor was made with this
brass piece of crap.  It was designed to have a piece what was
pushed up into the center of the plug wire.  The the rest of
the conductor was folded over the outside of the wire.  This formed
the connection to the distributor cap.  This push on connector was
held in place by a barb that would bite into the insulation of the
plug wire.  It would hold until you pulled the plug wire out. Then
the wire would come out and the connector was left in the distributor.
Don't get these wires, they STINK.  I went back to the old wires.

Bill Gilroy