Re: PA LBC Road Rally 2000

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com, valntine@ptd.net, wmgilroy@avaya.com
Subject: Re: PA LBC Road Rally 2000
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:02:22 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:

<< > > PS.  If any one wants to go on the Yengling Brewery tour let me know.
 > > I pasted it a couple of times so I have several ways to get there and
 > > some of them are scenic.
 >
 > Hey Bill,
 >
 > The Yengling Brewery is at least 10 miles away from any point on this
 > years rally route.........(I think we're gonna tie a long rope to your
 > car next year......)
 >
 > Kevin V.

 That was one of the first things I saw on my rally about the country
 side.  But I was making great time, how else could I cover 80 miles
 in a 75 mile rally before the first check point.  Should have listened
 to my wife when she said, "I think were lost."  Not sure about the rest
 of the rallyist, but it got really funny in my car when we were on
 driving instruction 8 of 75 and had covered about 60 miles.  I still
 think I could have worked it all out if I had made a right at the Blythe
 township sign.  >>

Maybe next year it would be good to tell what the maximum distance between
route instructions is.  That way, if you go more than, say, 5 miles and don't
find the next turn, you are lost.  You can just go back to the last
instruction you got right, and try again.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport