Re: Fuel Gauge and Sender

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Fuel Gauge and Sender
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 12:39:53 -0400
On the Morris the difference between the early and late model sender and
dash guages is the reversal of the ohms from the sender.  If you use a late
model sender with an early model guage, then it goes to empty when you fill
the tank and goes to full as it empties!  Can be really exciting for an
unknowing passenger.

Could this be similar on the Spridgets?

Paul A

FROM:   Jeff Boatright, INTERNET:jboatri at emory.edu
TO:     "Phil Profili", INTERNET:phil.profili@cptii.com
CC:     spridgets, INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   8/8/00 12:10 PM

Re:     Re: Fuel Gauge and Sender

Maybe your tank is full? :)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. No useful answer. I don't _think_ it's
due to reversed polarity since when I switched to negative ground, I
did not need to change anything with the fuel gauge.

Sorry I missed the lap belt thread. Maybe try:
http://www.andoauto.com/retractable_lap_shoulder_seat_belts.htm

Jeff

At 11:03 AM -0400 8/8/00, Phil Profili wrote:
>Does anyone happen to know whether the early and later fuel level sender
>units are essentially the same, electrically?
>
>I have a 66 Sprite, and bought the later style sender unit (as it was
>considerably cheaper, and the sales person assured me it was the same).
The
>Moss catalogue lists the one that I have for HAN9-72040 to 71.  Mine is a
>HAN8 car.
>
>When I connected the fuel gauge, the needle just banged to the top.  Could
>have a short somewhere, or is the sender not compatible with my (original)
>gauge?
>
>Thanks,
>
>--
>Phil Profili
>
>P.S. Thanks to those who replied to me regarding my seat belt question.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu