RE: Vanishing oil

To: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vanishing oil
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:31:09 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Sounds like my Sprite. (but a little worse!) :)  Worn pistons, rings, or
cylinders, causing compression to go in the lower end and blow the oil out
every available path while you are driving.  Look under your car, I bet it's
oil soaked (but hey, that's British "rust-proofing")

Here's a quick fix that will take that 100m / qt to 500m/qt:
Take your oil filler cap off the engine and stretch a shop rag
over the filler oil and zip tie it on.

Bottom side of your bonnet will get a little oily, but you can probably
stave off that much needed rebuild for another driving season or two.

Or you can get real fancy and buy a beck-arnley oil filler cap and with a
dremel and screen wire, make a new "special" oil filler cap.  (I'll give you
mine after I rebuild my engine this winter)

-Bill
I know, I know, rebuild my engine