Re: Suggestions for a "Newbie"

To: djmac@execpc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a "Newbie"
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:26:23 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/2000 9:49:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
djmac@execpc.com writes:

<< I am looking for some ideas/tips from you folks on the best way to get
 started on the restoration of a recently purchased 1966 AH Sprite. >>

Dave:

Two suggestions:

(1)Get Porter's DIY Restoration of the Sprite/Midget, and the Hayne's Sprite
Midget manual; and,

(2)  Stay tuned to this list and ask questions like crazy.  If you need a
part, somebody here probably has it, and there are great rebuilders and
restorers on this list.

Porter's is the best novice (like me) book I have run across--it starts you
out with evaluation.  The Haynes is pretty thorough in terms of how-to-do,
technical information, and specs.  And this list is a combination
encyclopedia, brotherhood, club, activities center, and support group all
rolled up into one.  And the archives ( <A
HREF="http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=spridgets";>ListQuest.com -
Building Communities of Like-Minded People</A> ) of this list is a storehouse
of information.

Take pictures, and lots of them. Keep a log/journal with drawings from day 1.
 Great to refer back to about questions regarding reassembly, plus a great
history of your restoration.  Get a good set of tools.

Good Luck!!!

--David C.