Re: Generator?

To: Patricia Sauthoff <Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Generator?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 17:54:42 -0500
Patricia,
         The significant difference that increases the price of the 948
generator is that it has a tachometer drive on the end of the unit. The
rear housing is threaded, and the armature is keyed. Except for that, the 2
different generators perform fairly equally. If you have an electric tach,
you do not need the 948 generator. As to capacity; the generator is
sufficient for the necessities... a giant stereo would exceed its capacity.
many may suggest a change to an alternator of Japanese manufacture, or some
of the other conversion units (AC Delco, etc) These are all more than
adequate, but require some minor, reversible alterations to wiring and
mounting. Frank C's page has some info as well as a number of other folks.
         HTH    Peter C
-