Re: 1ST DRIVE IN 4 YEARS!!!!!!!

To: kgb@clipper.net, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: 1ST DRIVE IN 4 YEARS!!!!!!!
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:29:34 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/9/2000 12:09:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kgb@clipper.net writes:

<< I added fluid to the nearly empty reservoir and pumped the pedal a
 bit, and started getting pressure, so I think they will be ok. >>

Kate:

Does that mean you bled the brakes or just pumped them?  If the car has been
sitting for 10 years, I would suspect there may be some water in the fluid
and would change it completely.  I asked how this was done just a month or
two ago and got some good direction.  Check the archives if you have
questions about doing it.  Betcha if you change the fluid and bleed the air
out of the new fluid you will see a big difference.

--David C.