Rear tyre clearance

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear tyre clearance
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:26:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
All,

I am still trying to decide what size tyres to get for my square rear wheel
arch Sprite.  I like the idea of the 175/60 13s (I have 5" wide wheels), but
I see references in the archives to there being a good chance these will rub
against the bodywork somewhere.  I also see references to bumping out the
wheelarches to provide clearance.

My question is: is it the inside or the outside of the tyre that may rub
against the wheelarch?  If the outside, how can the bodywork be bumped out
without it being visible?  If it's the inside, how does one bump it out
(in?) with a bottle jack and a 2x4 (as someone mentioned, I believe) without
damaging the outer wheelarch?

I'm just dying to get those minilite look-alikes on, so any advice would be
much appreciated!

Thanks,

--
Phil Profili