Re: [Fwd: stebro exhaust question]

To: "INTERNET:RBHouston@aol.com" <RBHouston@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: stebro exhaust question]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 02:35:19 -0400
Cc: spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Sure were a lot of guys in the military that gave up a lot more than we can
imagine.  Lousy loosing some of your eyesight while watching out for your
buddies coming in to land on a moving postage stamp in the ocean..

I worked as an ophthalmic optician for about 25 years.  Was pretty easy to
make a lens too small for a metal frame.  We always sent the newbies to the
stock room for lens strecher!

Paul A

In a message dated 08/11/2000 7:36:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com writes:

>  carpenter sent me down to another house to get a round square!  I was so
>  naive!!  Funny looking back at it!

Years ago I taught in a Jr. high school where the coach had served on the
Hornet (aircraft carrier) in WWII in the north Atlantic...his first day at
sea as an assistant in the radio room they sent him out with a bucket to
collect some electrons...

He was mostly blind in one eye from looking into the sun for airplanes on
his
tour.  He also said it wasn't at all like in the movies...just about every
time they launced the planes they splashed at least one...with no chance of

recovery in the cold water.

RH