Re: Video (was: Tie Downs - Part 3)

To: "Robb Cutler" <robb@nne.net>, "Brad Fornal" <toyman@digitex.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Video (was: Tie Downs - Part 3)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:50:47 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
----- Original Message ----- > I did once see some cool video of a Volvo
sedan crash into a VW Vanagon.  It
> was a test by a Swedish auto magazine for a story on how safe the Volvo is
> (and how unsafe the VW was).
> If you were driving the VW, you certainly would have lived and probably
> would have walked away from the crash.
>
> Regards,
> Robb
> '62 Sprite

My wife's friend Johnathan was involved in a crash in his (non Ralph Nader
approved) Morris series MM where he was hit from behind by a Ford Transit
(panel van, Range Rover size) and then fired across the road into the path
of........another Morris, albeit a '70 Traveller.  The Tranny driver was cut
from the wreckage by the Fire Brigade but Johnathan walked away.  All cars
were written off, obviously.  The extent of the damage to the MM was that
the bellhousing of the gearbox shattered and the centre gearbox mount shot
backwards, taking the main chassis rails inwards and centre crossmember back
a bit too.  The impact seemed to have spread the load right the way back to
the rear seats but the doors were still able to open.

Funny thing was that a couple of years later when I built a Morris for my
(then girlfriend) wife, I bought a scrap Traveller  for the doors and the
upholstery.  It had been repaired after a shunt at the front and was
sporting a very nice AA badge.  Turns out the badge was from Johnathans car
and had been swept up with the bits from the car he hit and then delivered
back to the other owner.

Small world eh?

Then there was that girl on TV who survived after an 18 wheeler rolled onto
her car.  Guess what car it was?