Video (was: Tie Downs - Part 3)

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Video (was: Tie Downs - Part 3)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:29:57 -0400
> On 8/13/00 6:17 PM, Brad Fornal at toyman@digitex.net wrote:

> When you do that test would you take a video camera and mpeg some footage for
> the list please............................
>
> Robb Cutler wrote:
>
>> I admit though that I didn't test to see what would happen if the trailer
>> separated from the towing car on the Interstate... :-)

Thanks, but I think I'm going to skip this test.

I did once see some cool video of a Volvo sedan crash into a VW Vanagon.  It
was a test by a Swedish auto magazine for a story on how safe the Volvo is
(and how unsafe the VW was).

The crash was head-on, 50% impact (in other words, the driver's half of the
Volvo hit the driver's half of the VW), both cars going 50 mph.

While the crash was quite fun to watch, the results were even better...

If you were driving the Volvo, they would have buried you in a very thin
casket with the steering wheel embedded in you.

If you were driving the VW, you certainly would have lived and probably
would have walked away from the crash.

Regards,
Robb
'62 Sprite