Re: Monza vs. Stebro

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monza vs. Stebro
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:16:14 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/00 12:35:43 AM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< I think it's a Monza, pretty sure it's not an Abarth, but has the same
look. I'll have to get it down from the rafter tomorrow and see for sure.
This one has a great sound to it too.

What in the world could be illegal about a muffler? >>

Gerard,

Waiting with baited breath to see which muffle you have <BG>  The Abarth's
were declared illegal, in CA at least,  because they made so much noise.  Am
out of date on the vehicle code but there was a DB limit for automotive
exhaust and  vehicles with Abarth's exceeded that limit.  Going to show my
age again, but at one time all automotive items had to be tested/approved by
the state in order to be legal.  That way the officers just had to check and
see if a particular item was approve do determine if it was legal.

Just getting older and more dilapidated.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1967 Sprite Mk III (in progress)