Re: Great drive, still a few kinks...

To: adrian@workgroup.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Great drive, still a few kinks...
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 11:19:40 EDT
In a message dated 08/20/2000 6:13:31 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
adrian@workgroup.net writes:

> Secondly, any time
>  the car senses an uphill grade, or has a hard load under acceleration,
>  specifically when the RPMs are already high, the car starts sounding like a
>  big diesel truck.  Is that valves or timing?

JAB...I'd say timing...as in time to replace the bearing inserts, at which
time you may as well do the rings, and the head will be off so you may as
well do a valve job, and don't for get to pin the thrust washers and get the
oil galleries bored out.

Since the engine will be out of the car, may as well do the clutch and
through out bearing...or do you want a five-speed?

Good luck,

Robert Houston