Re: saw my baby/towing again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: saw my baby/towing again
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:47:05 -0400
Amen, what you said.  Not to overly flog a moribund equine, but in RV
circles many folks have a small manual transmission auto which is
"towed flat" or on a dolly, behind the RV.  Conventional wisdom (and
some mauufacturers) recommend doing nothing more than running the
engine with the tranny in neutral, every two hundred miles, for a few
minutes.  When towing, I do it every time while refueling..  With a
Ford 460 I get lots of opportunities.  I've been towing flat for many
years with no problems.  But hey, if someone really enjoys breaking
and  making driveshaft connections, who am I to rain on their parade.
Larry.