RE: Big Healey question. (no LBC)

To: "'Toby Atwater'" <Toby@intri-plex.com>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Big Healey question. (no LBC)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 08:00:04 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Toby
Yup-  That car has been discussed AT LENGTH on the Healey List.  I think
this is it's 4th time on ebay.  When I was in the market for a big Healey at
the start of this year, I saw this car on SpecialCar.com, and offered to
trade my '65 Mustang GT fastback for it.  At that time, the guy was looking
for more than $9K, so I thought it would be an okay trade.  He was not
interested, even though his ad said he would trade for ANY vehicle or
motorcycle of similar value.  I'm glad at this point that he said no.  I
wound up getting a lot more for my Mustang, and buying a better Healey than
this one.  This car has quite a few problems visually.  One of the Healey
listers tried to get a look at it, but it was always unavailable.  I think
two of the ebay auctions were complete, and buyers backed out.  To address
the second part of your querry, I don't think that Healey Hundreds have lost
any ground in value.  The true Hundred "M"'s are climbing, as are the BJ8's
and tri-carb BN7's.
Martin Johnson
'59 Sprite
'59 BN7