Two spridgets free to good home in Troy, NY

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (British-Cars), spridgets@autox.team.net, bownes@emi.com (Bob Bownes), erik@quackenbush.com (Erik), ppk@lacorte.com (Paul Kraus), toki@capital.net (Mike Dixon), michael.jones@east.sun.com (Mike Jones)
Subject: Two spridgets free to good home in Troy, NY
Date: 04 Sep 2000 12:42:40 -0400
I have two sprites in upstate NY (Troy) that I've owned for close to 20
years that need a home.  Note: one is a pure parts car (already partially
stripped), the other is a strangely modified though more or less complete
car.  It's possible (probable) that it will only be good as a parts car now
as well.

1) '66 Sprite w/ 1275.  No front suspension (except for a-arms/kingpins;
   maybe shocks - I forget).  Terminal floorpan rust.  Engine was working
   but needed a rebuild (burns oil).  Trans and rear are good.  Fiberglass
   flares; probably could be removed.  Most or all instruments should be
   there.

2) '60 Sprite w/ bugeye front end.  Rear end cut off just behind the rear
   wheels; comes up into a lip spoiler(!)  Very strange.  Two holes in the
   bugeye front for hood pins.  '66 disc brakes and '67 rear drum setups;
   Master cylinder from the '66 I think.  Monza wheels (6" wide) in rear
   with B60/13's (metal flares); front has old 185/60R13's.  948cc engine;
   running fairly well when last parked in '88 after an autocross.
   Windscreen glass is broken I think; windscreen is not attached.  Good
   (and I think uprated) shocks.  The engine may have a performance head
   and uprated valve springs, but I'm not sure.  Trans was working, but I
   only drove it basically once at the autocross.  Various random spare
   parts in unknown shape (maybe even a head).  Dished 13" steering wheel,
   short-throw shift lever.

   I found that car in a barn disassembled in '78 or '79.  I mostly
   reassembled it in '80 or '81 and got it running and then made another
   attempt in '88 and got it to the point of doing laps at an autocross (we
   literally loaded into the back of an F150 truck to get it there and
   back)!  It has spent most of it's life in barns, but the last barn
   (before I had it torn down) leaked onto this car (I moved to PA in '88),
   so it _may_ well have terminal rust around the rear spring attachments.
   If it doesn't or if you're willing to attack such a problem, it may well
   be salvagable.

   These cars need to be removed soon (to keep the city happy now that the
   barn is gone, and because I may be selling the house).  They're free to
   anyone willing to take them.  At the very least there should be lots of
   good parts.  The second car would certainly be an attention-getter at
   Carlisle if you were to take it down there on a trailer - I had been
   considering doing that myself.

--
Randell Jesup, Worldgate Communications, ex-Scala, ex-Amiga OS team ('88-94)
rjesup@wgate.com