Re: Carburetor substitutions

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Carburetor substitutions
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:59:57 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Frank,

Thanks for the info. I have the right intake - it's actually still on the
car. I should make a pic of the current carb setup and post it somewhere.
There is a homemade intake manifold that the Carter is mounted on. This
intake is then mounted to the stock intake, complete with spacers and
(upside-down) heat shield. I really need to get these swapped as there is no
room for any sort of air filter, and the carb is in really bad shape anyway.
I saw the recent thread about fuel dripping and someone mentioned that the
fuel pump should shut off after a few seconds once pressure is built up.
Mine doesn't - left it about 15 secs. So I'm guessing there may be something
wrong with the float / needle valve in the Carter.

Anyway, since I have a good heat shield and intake, I think the only things
I may need (other than needles and rebuild kit) are the shafts that go
between the two carbs (since they seem to be a little closer together on the
Midget than on the 1100 manifold) and dampers (one is bent and coming
apart - might as well swap both). If you have those things let me know
off-list and I would like to buy them.

Thanks!

Eddie

From "Frank Clarici" <spritenut at Exit109.com>