Re: bugeye w/ht&paxton on ebay

To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, spridgets@autox.team.net, samesq@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: bugeye w/ht&paxton on ebay
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:28:15 -0700
Bryan,

...body straight?... it wouldn't matter... it's likely mostly crumbs.

If you haven't seen how the rust migrates on one of these East/Midwest
cars, you wouldn't believe it. My first Bugeye was from Michigan. Even
though it had been in California since 1975 (garaged), the 15 years
(1980-1995) it sat in my dry garage covered and raised 12 inches off the
garage floor didn't stop the deterioration from inside. I owned the car
since 1968, and even had it professionally undercoated when I got it. I
ended up stripping it for parts and selling off the body shell to someone
who was determined to save it with a torch and some new panels. I was just
amazed at how it deteriorated even under good strage conditions... I can
only imagine what a damp barn will do to one. I agree though, this hardly
looks like an orginal unmolested and stored 2 year old car.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A