Re: UK-spec Midget 1500 hose question

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UK-spec Midget 1500 hose question
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 12:50:32 -0400
mgraziano@mindspring.com wrote:

> AHHHHH
>
> Now I get it.  That's where a draincock is supposed to be.  It's
> not supposed to cycle water at all.  Read your Haynes manual under
> "Changing Coolant".  They not only mention this draincock, but also
> tell you where it is on the engine.  That's the exact location.

  That part of my block has no easy provision for a petcock though,
it's rather defined as a hose fitting.

  Perhaps somebody else can shed light on theirs being a
hose fitting as well?

  Maybe it's a '75 thing? 75s have a lot of different cooling
and vacuum differents, the front hoses are unique to that
year for example.

  (hey maybe I'll be like the RWA people and start insisting
this makes my car better and more valuable!)

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca