Re: Which Club?

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Which Club?
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 16:57:07 EDT
Cc: JustBrits@aol.com, mgman@optonline.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/7/2000 3:06:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Daniel,
 Interesting thoughts and comments.

 Some of my own experiences have been the same as yours.

 Especially:
 "I decided I would be better off spending my membership subscription on
something
 else -
 like decent books or tools." >>

I guess that depends on the quality of local club you have.  There are active
clubs and there are "meeting" clubs.  I joined our local (Smoky Mountain
Austin Healey Club) because we plan lots of activities, drives, tech
sessions, and pub nights.  I am not secluded anymore, but a part of a group
where I can get lots of assistance when I need it.  If your club is only a
"meeting" club, then save your money and go with Jay--spend it on books and
tools.

--David C.