Re: Handguns NO LBC!!

To: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: Handguns NO LBC!!
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 13:57:15 -0700
Cc: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Yes, Herb, the average American is that stupid and more. If you look at the
major crime statistics, you will find that the areas with the highest number
of violent crimes are those areas that also have the strictest gun control
laws. The reason for these numbers is the fact that criminals are not honest
citizens, and do not obey gun control, or any other law. What is needed in
this country is a law providing strict penalties for the unlawful use of a
weapon, not more laws aimed at forcing the honest citizen to become a
criminal. In our rural area, it can take from 1 - 2 hours or more for a deputy
to respond to a call for help. I have no intention of waiting for this length
of time for assistance, and then have the court turn the perpetrator loose
with a minimal sentence.  As an honest citizen, I believe it is my
responsibility to see that the judge does not become confused by having to
listen to two sides of the story!!!!
Kate