Re: Handguns NO LBC!!

To: kate & gary <kgb@clipper.net>
Subject: Re: Handguns NO LBC!!
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 17:03:35 -0500
Cc: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
While out diving on a lovely Friday afternoon, my dive buddy and I were joined
by
a extremely drunk man who was so inebriated that he fell down continually on the
rocky pathway cutting up his face several times. He also proceeded to relieve
himself, on one occasion while he was in a somewhat upright position, right
there
in the pathway. This area, though somewhat remote, was occupied by small
children
and their parents at the time as well as by us. A person there with a cell phone
called the local constable to see what could be done about this vulgar and
verbally abusive person. The Corp. of Engineers showed up about 1/2 hour later
and
said they had no authority to arrest this visibly drunken moron. They in turn
used
their radio to contact the police and we proceeded to wait. After about another
hour the drunk decided to leave and took off in his car. No one had any legal
right to stop him........... (remember this is a P.C. world we have to deal with
now, forget a citizens arrest these days). Another half hour later the Sheriffs
Dept. showed up and nonchalantly asked what happened, he could have cared less!
IMHO his eyes looked somewhat glazed, I suspect fresh donuts. If this is the
type
of public servants we can count on I WILL NOT GIVE UP THE RIGHT TO ATTEND TO MY
PROBLEMS MYSELF. I am not saying I would have shot the drunk (before all the
liberals go crazy on me) I am merely giving an incident of how quickly our local
law boys go to work in our neck o' the woods. In the event of a burglary in my
home I am to expect a more timely appearance, I don't think so!! I am certain
many
of your police officers are much more professional and helpful than mine are.
Brad (armed, dangerous, and driving a Spridget!!)