RE: Website updated...

To: "'Chris Kotting'" <ckotting@core.com>, Toby Atwater <Toby@intri-plex.com>
Subject: RE: Website updated...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:54:05 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
umm ya. My design has 4 pins, 2 per each post,  to keep the vertical 4x4 in
place. My father noticed a bit of wobble and was removing my pins and
replacing 2 of them with through bolts with nuts on the other side thinking
it would reduce the wobbliness. His bolts (telephone pole equipiment) were
really long, so he was in the process of hack sawing them off in place.
However, unknown two him, I wasn't done putting everything together and one
of the 45s was not bolted in yet. I show up and start to tell him that fact
when one of the vertical posts unhitched from the girder and tipped over,
while the metal piece, designed to hold the girder at the top, swung down
and landed squarely into the back of his cranium. Then the girder proceeded
to drop and strike my father on the shoulder.

I was surprised he was still standing. I ran over got the girder off of him
and he went to go sit down for a bit. Nasty cut on the scalp... 5 staples
and a few hours watching Monday night football at the Emergency room later,
he was fine. It could have been MUCH MUCH worse.

Moral of the story.
2 engineers working on one project without any communication is a bad idea!

He gets the staples removed today.

By the way... no more wobbliness once I finished putting it together!

Be safe

Toby