was MossFallfst-CARPET installation

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: was MossFallfst-CARPET installation
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:39:05 -0700
For the rear wheelwells, I used 3M spray trim cement and followed the
directions, so it becomes very good contact adhesive. Lay down the
outside edge exactly how you want it (contact, right?) and using a
rubber mallet, anneal it
down well. If there is any excess carpet, make sure it is toward the
rear in placing this piece.

Already you are having to stretch the carpet to conform. Keep hammering
as you come toward the middle of the car and the small folds that try to
rise disappear beneath the hammer's blows. I had to make one cut, from
the harness
mount down and back, doubling the carpet and cutting both thickness at
the time, so with removal of the excess, the edges line up fine.

David McCartney/Captain Rapture

Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

    Knowing me that is if it is all in place.  The carpet kit I have is
a real
    jig saw puzzle.  I have NO clue where some of the pieces go.  >>

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

   Next time, stop for iced tea, rather than coffee.  I'm glad your wife
enjoyed
   the day.  It is nice to just take it easy and look at the cars...and
talk to
   the owners.  Everybody is friendly.

   For the carpets, take a look at the picture in the Moss catalog.  The
carpet
   pieces are laid out pretty much the way they fit in the car.  The
trickiest
   (SP?) part is covering the rear wheel wells.  (Or you could just take
the car
   over to Frank and he'll show you how to carpet the thing for about
$10 in
   materials!)